Ministry of Transportation
The resource will be responsible for performing the following activities and producing deliverable:
- Develop/coordinate a project charter and an integrated project plan, approved by all impacted stakeholders following a Client approved governance process
- Coordinate stakeholders’ engagement and consultation opportunities in establishing requirements and design.
- Monitor, report on and manage project risks and issues
- Monitor and forecast project costs and provide reporting and input to ensure targets are met
- Facilitate coordination of go-live/deployment activities.
- Facilitate coordination of transition and change management plans.
- Coordinate, monitor, report on the execution of communications, learning, and development, and corporate and field readiness across the province
- Monitor post-go-live, document lessons learned, and complete project close-out report.
- Communicate project progress clearly and timely to the management team
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Handle client relationships to manage expectations, provide updates as required, identify potential conflicts between project and functional areas and assist in conflict resolution
Skill Set Experience:
- Experience as a Project Manager planning and managing large, complex, multi-year, multi-tier, multi-stakeholder projects
- Experience working in programs consisting of multiple highly inter-dependent projects
- Experience with the management of Third Party deliverable and acceptance processes
- Experience in project delivery using Agile methodology
- Experience and knowledge of project management tools, such as Microsoft Enterprise, Project Management other associated tools such as MS Project and SharePoint
- Experience in developing detailed project management documentation (e.g. project plan, project schedule, Work Breakdown Structure [WBS]), monitoring project performance and initiating corrective action)
- Experience in developing, integrating and managing plans and schedules involving multiple teams and multiple 3rd party suppliers
- Experience in complex business and IT issues management, including analysing, problem- solving and coordination and facilitation of issue resolution in a timely fashion
- Experience in the ongoing identification, monitoring, and management of Project risks, and the establishment and management of contingency plans
- Experience in preparing reports and briefing materials for, and making presentations to, senior management
- Proven ability to manage to successful completion an assignment of this nature, magnitude and complexity, and achieve the results on schedule and within budget while maintaining highest level of deliverables quality
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills; superior negotiating, mediating, and influencing skills; superior leadership and consulting skills, with demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team/multi-stakeholder enterprise environment; strong ability to mentor and coach and develop others
- Demonstrated experience in the development of system modernization strategies, plans, and schedules, and experience managing those plans
- Expert skill with MS Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Visio
- Experience with Creating Interactive Dashboards
- Additional benefit if already certified as Scrum Master and has experience as scrum master
- Experience leading multidisciplinary project teams of at least 10 people
- Experience with technology solutions and solutioning methodologies
- Experience in analyzing and designing changes to existing web-based software solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal: clear and concise. Able to communicate concepts and details to clients, development team and testing team
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills
Project Management – 40%
- 5+ years experience with Project Management.
- Experience in Project Management and use of Project Management software
- Demonstrated experience, establishing and optimizing project management methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in Agile delivery
- Demonstrated experience with change management.
- Demonstrated experience with implementing tools for large IT projects.
- Demonstrated experience with developing project charters, plans and schedules.
- Demonstrated experience identifying issues/risks and providing the proper mitigation strategies.
- Demonstrated experience with managing 3rd party, vendors
- Demonstrated experience with structured methodologies for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of IT systems and support services.
- Strong work experience in establishment and/or management of information resource management functions in large or medium sized organization.
Technical Experience – 30%
- Demonstrated experience with tools and techniques for planning, organizing, monitoring and controlling IT projects.
- Demonstrated experience with Planview, Share-Point and MS Visual Process.
- Demonstrated experience with MS project.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating development/testing, UAT and Production environment.
- Demonstrated experience producing a variety of business documents (in MS Office) that demonstrate command language, clarity of thought and orderliness of presentation (including MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio).
- Demonstrated experience in document compliance reports
Communication Skills – 25%
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; oral and written communication skills; inter-personal and negotiation skills.
- Strong working experience in developing successful relationships with high level stakeholders including executives and managing 3rd party vendors.
Public Sector (OPS) Experience – 5%
- Experience with Public Sector Unified I & IT Project Methodology (UPM) and project gating processes would be an asset.
- Experience in Public Sector Payment Card Compliance assessments and achievements.
- Experience with Public Sector Architecture standards and Enterprise Architecture Review process.
- Experience with the MTO TSD architecture, applications, database and systems. Knowledge of Technical Architecture & experience with Public Sector gating and checkpoint processes.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org